Junior PRODUCT DESIGNER
Location: Dallas, TX USA
At Grand Time, we build brands and design watches in the fashion lifestyle space. Our products reflect who we are and the life we live. We design watches to serve a fast paced ever-changing market. Our products are state of the art, reflecting our audience’s appetite for quality and good design within reach.
We are looking for a new player on the branding and product development team, focused on the ideation, development and production of all new watch lines. This role will focus on developing concepts and products geared towards the 18-35 demographic within the watches/ accessories space. The role will be multi-faceted, working on our two very different brands JBW and BREDA, as well as private label projects for our retail partners.
This role will partner with a senior product designer, engineers at our factory, brand marketers and Art Directors to continually evolve and improve our product experience. The ideal candidate would be a recent college graduate with a degree in industrial/ product design looking to build a career in product design. Watches are an ideal product to learn from as they provide the perfect blend of functionality, aesthetics and user experience.
- Operate within a small and dynamic team charged with brainstorming and building new product ideas from initial design to final production
- Prepare renderings and 3D models of new designs for review each season by the founders, including the creation of conceptual visuals
- Implement design and spec documents, manage sample development process
- Build knowledge base of various manufacturing processes
- Keep up to date on trends and technical developments in the watch market, as well as competitive research in the marketplace
- Experiment with new, innovative materials and components
- Contribute to building an internal design philosophy for both brands
- Bachelors Degree In Industrial or Product Design
- 0–2 years of relevant experience
- Strong sketching and rendering skills
- Computer Skills: 2D and 3D programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Solidworks)
- Creative thinking and the ability to generate new ideas
- Team-focused mentality, dedication to brand+product mission
- Salary + bonus
- Competitive benefits package
ABOUT GRAND TIME:
Grand Time builds and develops brands that embrace change. Our brands offer fashion forward, quality watches at an affordable price to meet the growing demands of young consumers. Additionally, Grand Time operates a private label business unit focused on contract manufacturing of watches for external fashion brands.
The culture of our company is entrepreneurial, with a youthful and laid back environment. Our team is a creative blend of youth and experience. Joining us now means you get to be part of a growing company at an exciting time in its history.